Their comprehensive perspective and problem solving, as well as their good cooperative approach are clearly success factors for The Advisory House.Head of Trading at a leading Swiss energy supplier
Application to optimise power plant deployment
October is one of those dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, November, and December.
Mark Twain (1835-1910), American author
Trading, Portfolio Management
The relatively new value added step of energy trading has already entered its second growth cycle due to the convergence of the markets (electricity, gas, oil etc.). Today, the core tasks in trading consist of managing and securing the physical portfolio, monetarising assets and know-how, and creating transparency for corporate management.
The highest operating standards are required to perform these tasks. To succeed on the market, continuous improvements at the level of processes, organisation and system technology are required. This also applies particularly to market players in the financial sector.
Beyond that, it is necessary to mobilise the accumulated knowledge and capabilities in trading across the corporation, for instance for growth initiatives in exploration or sales.
The Advisory House can support you with
< back to overview
- development of trading strategies
- design, development and implementation of asset models
- conception, design and implementation of control and risk management structures (including transfer pricing)
- design and implementation management of leading trading systems, MIS / data warehousing systems
- development and extension of trading competencies, including cooperation and service models